You might know the idea behind the creation of Good Measure: we wanted to create a space for philanthropic organizations to work together with community organizations to collaboratively, creatively and strategically use data to make a difference in the lives of more people in Central Texas.
So, how do we accomplish this?
Good Measure offers several types of capacity-building programs, events and opportunities for nonprofit organizations, community leaders, and funders. These opportunities include:
- Measuring What Matters - A six-month program to help nonprofit teams make progress on a specific data or evaluation-related goal through targeted curriculum, customized coaching, resources and funding.
- Data Leaders Academy– A nine-month program designed for nonprofit professionals to become true data and learning champions and help build an organizational culture that regularly uses data to amplify impact. Get the highlights from our 2018 series here.
- Funder Learning Series – A series of funder peer-learning sessions related to the Guiding Principles for Funders, with a goal to build awareness and support among the broader Central Texas funder community.
- Alumni Meet-Up Series – A space for alumni of the Measuring What Matters and Data Leaders Academy to share new and exciting ideas and resources that build from their learning.
- Webinar Series – A two-part online offering designed to provide tools, tips, resources and best practices related to data and evaluation.
- Good Measure Special Projects Fund – In 2019, Good Measure will grant $40,000+ to organizations, networks or collaboratives focused on strengthening or community’s data ecosystem. Projects should be designed to support efforts in data and evaluation capacity, data availability and access and culture of learning.